My client, a Cape Town based law firm is looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to undertake a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The goal is to sustain efficiency of all procedures and case management so as to guarantee reliability and consistency – within the Legal Team. For this position, the ideal candidate should be able to use their organizational skills to manage their time, and bring professionalism as they will collaborate with clients and colleagues in a fast-paced environment.
Main job function
Legal knowledge and expertise: understanding and exposure to technical legal terms.
• Produce and file various Legal documents, track agreements and manage the
• Preserve an updated and most efficient case record system.
• Maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily
• Coordinate compliance and company secretariat projects, provide general
assistance related to matters.
Client Relationship Management:
Follow-up with clients regarding signature of legal agreements.
Professional, strong communicator – ability to manage and engage with clients on any level (no matter the difficulty surrounding the assistance).
Assertive, but tactful.
• Prepares and files legal documents with appropriate entities, as required.
• Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely
• Gather relevant information from a variety of sources.
Scheduling: All aspects of appointments and diary management, travel arrangements (must come with this experience).
• Compile and type regular correspondence and informative material.
• Handle and prioritize all outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters,
• Handle confidential documents ensuring they remain secure.
Month-end Billing: Ensure accurate and efficient month end billing completion. Capture fees, processes invoices and debt collection.
• Provide statistical reports / updates.
• Conduct research and prepare presentations or reports as assigned.
Results driven: will always ensure nothing is missed or lacks completion.
• Trustworthy and Reliable.
Available to work after hours at short notice, to assist clients – if and whenneeded.
• Matric/Grade 12
• Relevant Law Certificate or Diploma / LLB
• 10 years’ experience: Senior level
• Proven experience as Legal Secretary – must have a stable career history.
• Proficient in MS Office
• Knowledge on Elite program would be advantageous.
• MUST come with prior Law Firm experience (we want to see this in your Profile)
• Provide a strong Secretarial administrative support function to one or more Lawyers.
• Effectively communicate with clients, colleagues and partners.
• Outstanding time-management and typing skills.
• Outstanding Diary management and Travel management skills
• Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people. Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and where possible to exceed deadlines.
• Strong writing and communication skills along with strict attention to detail
• Outputs and delivery focused.
• Integrity and Confidentiality
• High level of professionalism
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.