R 80 000 – R 90 000 plus great bonus schemes
We are recruiting for a qualified CA with a minimum of 3 years of post-articles experience in an audit firm, particularly with experience in Public Interest Entities. Our client is a prominent audit and advisory firm in South Africa and part of a global network of accountants and business advisors. This opportunity offers a great chance to work in a reputable organization within a specialized area of expertise and reports into the Director: Technical, Quality and Risk.
YOUR DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
Perform Engagement Equality Control Reviews for Public Interest entities in order to ensure the firm upholds quality standards and effective risk management.
To provide support services to directors and staff as well as clients of the firm.
Ensuring that work is delivered in time and within expected time limits
- Perform engagement quality reviews
- Perform internal quality monitoring reviews
- Review appropriateness of audit opinions
- Review compliance with auditing standards
- Implementation of the quality management standards
ENSURE CONTINOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Knowledge, Experience and Personal Competencies
- Remain up to date with new / latest developments and requirements
- Develop and update working paper templates
- Develop and update compliance checklists
- Develop and update internal manuals and guides
- Development of accounting and legislative application guides
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of IFRS, IFRS for SMEs required
- Knowledge of JSE listing requirements required
- Knowledge of GRAP required
- Knowledge of international auditing standards and ethical requirements
- Qualified CA
- 3 years post articles experience
- Previous experience in Public Interest Entities
- Strong Assurance related knowledge
- Report writing (Quality review reports)
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Self motivated, assertive and ability to multitask.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Good listening skills and a great team player
- Able to travel to Centurion head office daily
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.
To apply for this job email your details to ChristineB@armstrongappointments.com