Our client is a reputable company that provides power and compressed air solutions to the construction, mining, quarrying, and industrial sectors. They are known for their high-quality products and exceptional service. The company also operates under a strict Code of Ethics, ensuring ethical business practices in all their dealings.
The overall purpose and objective of this position is to ensure the serviceability, reliability, integrity, and safety of equipment within the technical services division. The position exists to provide expertise and support to sales and clients, maintaining and repairing equipment to high standards and delivering a high quality after-sales service that includes information dissemination, training, repairs, and installation.
Key Performance Areas / Main Activities
Your main responsibilities would include, but not limited to: Perform regular maintenance on equipment and machinery, both on a preventive and corrective basis. This proactive approach aims to extend the lifespan of the equipment and maintain a safe working environment.
Type of Equipment: Fleet of Compressors, Generators and Compaction / Sit-On Rollers and Pedestrian Rollers, Rock Drills, Pneumatic Breakers, Chipping Hammers and Scabbler’s
- Service, maintain and repair equipment in the workshop according to service schedules
- Engine overhauls
- Cylinder head assembly
- Air end assembly
- Fault finding on damages, breakdowns and repairs. Provides breakdown reports promptly as required
- Fix minor electrical requirements
- Ensures all documentation for which he is responsible is standardised, up-to-date, and accurate
- Comply with all health and safety requirements and general housekeeping and cleanliness
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Completed Apprenticeship and technical qualification (NQF5 National higher diploma) or equivalent
- 5 – 10 years working experience but candidates must have a minimum of 2 years relevant plant or industry experience in plant maintenance and workshop practice
- Strong IT skills
- Proficient in English – Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Drivers license
- Great team player
- Motivated, driven and energetic
- Good problem finding abilities
- Strong paper work
We are seeking candidates that have completed their apprenticeship and min 2 years relevant plant or industry experience in plant maintenance and workshop practice
R 25 000 – R 30 000
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com