Many people have heard the words "passive candidate" thrown around of recent, but aren't entirely sure of it's definition. To quickly sum it up for you, passive candidates are people that are employed who aren't actively seeking a new job, but are open to hearing about new job opportunities.
It's common that people think these types of candidates aren't worth targeting, but that's very much untrue. Our detailed infographic below explains exactly why recruiters are keen to talk to passive candidates, along with a host of intriguing worldwide statistics surrounding this "breed".
For example, did you know that UK based companies hire 57% of passive candidates on average each year. Perhaps your recruitment strategy contributes to this figure?
Take a look at our visual, and feel free to embed it on your website, we don't mind!
Use This Infographic On Your Website
We've also gathered a range of useful resources regarding passive candidates, great for individuals and recruiters alike:
- Recruiting Active vs. Passive Candidates
- 20 Top Tips to Recruit Passive Candidates
- Your Complete Guide to: Emailing Passive Candidates
- How To Recruit Passive Candidates Online [INFOGRAPHIC]
- 10 Job Search Strategies For The Passive Job Seeker
- Will Your Next Job be a Leap of Faith?
- How to Be a Successful Passive Candidate
- Why Relationships Are Key To Recruiting Passive Candidates