Our client is seeking a Depot / Workshop Manager (mechanics) for a division within the fleet management sector.
Minimum 5 years managing a mechanical workshop and leading teams effectively, a track record of delivering successful results and driving operational excellence.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Scheduling of services and booking services daily
- Ensure job-cards is available for all repairs, services and maintenance and signed off after quality checks were done.
- Ensure all trucks and trailers is in a roadworthy condition.
- Conduct monthly fleet audits & tool audits
- All PM compliance trackers and breakdown registers needs to be sent daily to the client.
- Weekly inspection on all breakdown vehicles and all log-sheets needs to be submitted to head office.
- Ensure staff adhere to company policies and procedures as well as health and safety regulations
- Weekly meeting needs to be attended with the client.
- Scheduling of all shifts on a weekly basis.
- Managing and authority on overtime needs to be send to H0 for approval.
- Sign off all attendance registers, leave and sick leave and report head office.
- Arrange monthly stock takes. Weekly spot checks need to be done in the stores and audit on stock.
- Ensure quotes has been send to the client and PO’s obtained for work – No PO no work applies.
- Ensure the work in progress has been managed daily.
- Ensure invoicing is done accurately.
- Disciplinary process needs to be followed on employees for misconduct of the company policies and procedures.
- Ensure housekeeping is kept to standard.
- Ensure all PPE for employees has been checked monthly and a register is kept.
- Attention to detail.
Qualifications and experience: –
Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Engineering, Operations Management, etc.) preferred or diploma
Proven experience in workshop (mechanical) or operations management.
Familiarity with workshop equipment and processes.
Understanding of quality control and safety standards.
Excellent communication skills in English
R 35 000 + Cellphone R750
If you have successfully worked as a Mechanical Workshop Manager and currently on the job market, Call Christine to discuss this exciting opportunity or email cv
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org