My client, a highly reputable Renewable Energy Company supplying to the commercial and industrial industries needs to expand their team and is looking for a Construction Manager with solid large scale solar projects (Commercial and Industrial) experience to join their team, this position will be based in Gauteng, but will require traveling.
Main job function
- Maintaining construction as per Project Schedule
- Project Subcontractor scope of works management
- Project construction/installation quality control. Report finding to appointed Project and Technical Manager
- Adhere and maintain project Health and Safety site requirements.
- Relationship management of Subcontractors
- Internal Technician management (if any allocated to your project)
- Subcontractor (electrical and mechanical) construction management
- Assess, accept and give feedback on project engineering designs.
- Implement project construction in line with engineering mechanical and electrical designs.
- Assist in design of solar PV energy systems.
- Assist with physical installation/construction works where required.
- Assist with any operations and maintenance issues on all sites under SLA.
- Development of department tools and documents
- Ensure all ISO9001 and ISO45001 compliances are met during construction.
- Ensure codes and compliances of various installation sectors are met.
- Feedback project learnings to the Engineering Department ensuring continual improvement.
- Assist in handover of system to O&M department as per handover procedure
- Work with, and report to the appointed Project Manager on construction responsibilities layout above
- Wiremans Licence and or Electrical Engineering degree/Diploma and or Qualified
- Trade Tested Electrician
- 3+ years within the Renewable energy/Solar industry on a commercial scale – no residential experience will be considered.
- Must be willing to Travel for extensive periods of time.
- Have own reliable transport and driver’s license.
- PV Construction installation experience > 300 kWp
Excellent communication skills
Must have a “can-do” attitude.
Ability to delegate tasks
Ability to prioritize activities
Ability to motivate his team
Possess great problem-solving skills
Flexible and transparent planning
Foresight into risk management
Ability to complete tasks and get the job done
Attention to detail
Ability to understand and interpreter drawings
Ability identify and rectify issues on design
R50 000 per month
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.
To apply for this job email your details to Juanita@armstrongappointments.com