My client in the engineering industry of water and sanitation, is looking for a Workshop Manager in Irene, Pretoria, to oversee the workshop staff and the equipment. (Manufacture of equipment for the water industry in mild steel or stainless steel)
Main job function
· Follow instructions from the Managing Director and Project Managers and perform other duties as required.
· Manage a team of 10 OF welders, boilermakers, workshop assistants, fettlers, sandblasters and spray painters
· Plan, organize, direct and run day-to-day operations in the workshop.
· Plan and organize production schedules.
· Notify Project Manager of delays on any deadlines.
· Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time completion.
· Assign tasks to the workshop staff according to nature of the task and their skill level.
· Make sure all workshop staff are performing their assigned tasks.
· Monitor workshop operations and take corrective actions where necessary.
· Ensure that manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently.
· Share a trusting relationship with the workshop staff and assist in developing workshop staff.
· Stay up to date with latest production management best practices.
· Create production reports outlining based on all factors influencing the workshop output.
· Maintain a clean working area.
· Follows safety protocol, including wearing heat-resistant gloves, protective masks, and safety shoes.
· N5 Diploma in any mechanical related field/ Qualified Boilermaker or A Qualified Welder
· 5 – 8 years’ experience in boiler making, welding as well as fitting and turning
· This role requires a hands-on, technical orientated person that can take responsibility for leading a mechanical workshop with six departments.
· Must be able to read drawings as the company does their own designs and manufacturing,
· Excellent quality control and meeting deadlines.
· Knowledge of Welding
· Advantageous - Experience in boiler making
· Advantageous - Advanced welding techniques of pressure vessels and structural steel
· Advantageous - Pipe sections development and manufacturing incl high pressure sections
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.