Detail design of water and sanitation projects.
▪ Co-ordinate and supervise the production of technical drawings, design and reporting inputs by supporting staff.
▪ Carry out, oversee, evaluate Preliminary and Detailed Design for water supply, urban and rural water reticulation systems, pump stations rising mains and pipework for reservoirs.
▪ Carry out Preliminary and Detailed Design for water retention facilities, stormwater drains, flood control facilities, or other hydraulic structure, urban sewer reticulation systems, combined sewer overflow facilities, outfalls, pump stations and rising mains.
▪ Prepare Inception, Preliminary and Detailed Design Reports
▪ Prepare Bulk Earthworks Model using Civil 3D/Civil Designer
▪ Prepare, oversee and evaluate Tender and Contract Documents including detailed Specifications,
Special Conditions of Contract and Bills of Quantities.
▪ Undertake hydrological investigations, reports and determine flood lines.
▪ Preparation of requests for proposals, expressions of interests.
▪ Manage, train and mentor technical site staff on the designs and specifications.
▪ Check all drawings, designs, reports and documents produced in accordance with the Company’s Quality Management System’s requirements as set out in the applicable work instructions and checklists.
▪ Management of projects to ensure that they are controlled, adhering to quality standards and budget, and are on time and ensure that project deliverables meet clients’ requirements.
▪ Financial management of own projects and monitoring of performance and profitability and with regular liaison and reporting to line manager and business unit manager.
▪ Compliance with and managing direct reports compliance with the company’s Quality Management
▪ Recognised BSc / BEng or BTech degree in civil engineering. Masters degree in civil engineering will be advantageous.
▪ Registered candidate Eng/ Tech Eng with ECSA. Professional registration will be advantageous.
▪ Experience as set out below, in a private Consulting practice in RSA.
▪ Additional qualifications / memberships, which are advantageous:
i. Working Knowledge of GCC/ FIDIC / NEC / JBCC
ii. Active member in CESA/SAICE/WISA
iii. NQF7 (labour-based construction)
▪ 3-5 years’ experience in the water and sanitation field, extensively involved in detail design with
experience in water and sanitation projects.
▪ Sound experience and technical capacity in municipal projects specifically in the evaluation, planning, design and construction of pump stations, water reticulation, sewer reticulation, bulk pipelines, canals and storm water management.
▪ Proficient in various water, sewer and stormwater computer aided design packages such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, iDAS (or Civil Designer), Revit, HEC-RAS, EPANET, Pipe2000 and WaterCAD. Knowledge and ability to operate AcrGIS, StormCAD, WADISO, and Sanitary Analysis (SSA) will be advantageous.
▪ Proficient in project management and various microsoft softwares such as Word, Excel, Projects, PowerPoint.
▪ Must be able to work independently with limited supervision, supervise, and lead a project team.
▪ Additional experience, which will be advantageous:
i. Preparation of construction tenders and contracts.
ii. General knowledge of water and wastewater treatment plants.
iii. Working knowledge of GCC, FIDIC or NEC.
iv. Experience in draughting and 3D modelling.
v. Previous experience of working with local funding agencies such as WSIG, MIG, RBIG etc.
vi. Experience in hydrology and determination of flood lines.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.