Start the new year off with a dynamic organization! Our client, a leading premium alcohol distributor with offices nationwide, seeks well rounded and driven Warehouse/Depot Manager to join their team.
Main job function
Supervise the movement, distribution and storage of all inventories between our different warehouses and customers. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the right products are delivered to the correct location on time to help drive overall profitability and customer satisfaction
Responsibilities would include but not be limited too
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimise and coordinate complete order cycle
- To continually improve and develop business performance within the constraints of legislation, fuel costs and rising environmental pressures
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Overseeing receiving, warehousing and distribution operations.
- Implementation of operational policies and procedures.
- Implementation and overseeing security operations.
- Drive a zero-tolerance mindset for deviation from the use of quality processes to ensure customer deliverables are met.
- Ensuring the safety of staff and the effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Maintaining documentation and keeping accurate records of warehouse activities.
- Effective and efficient delivery route planning.
- Ensure inventories are accurate and control inventory levels by ensuring physical counts are conducted and reconciled with the automated system.
- Maintaining awareness and knowledge of the condition and location of fleet vehicles.
- 5+ years warehouse management experience.
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures.
- Proficient knowledge of inventory and inventory controls.
- An ability to lead and manage staff
- Valid drivers' license.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills
- Proficient computer skills.
- Communication skills, both written and verbal.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.