Please email application through to email@example.com
Main job function
Our established, reputable client in the retail industry based in the Western Cape, Cape Town city centre are currently seeking the skills of a Technical Manager II: Integration, IT Application Integration Technology
Accountable for management, administration, delivery and maintenance of a sustainable complex technical integration infrastructure and framework consisting of multiple technologies and solutions.
· Build and maintain an appropriately motivated skilled team
· Build a sustainable team capability
· Develop and maintain effective relationships across business, suppliers and IT.
· Collaborates with several Vendors who supply technical resources to effectively manage the relationship, understand resource capacity and drive quality delivery
· Contribute to the on-going improvement of processes, technology and architecture.
· Ensure operational sustainability of technology and technology based solutions
· Technology management, maintenance, support and level 3 standby
· Technical systems management, maintenance, support and level 3 standby
· Technology implementations and upgrades in accordance with agreed technology management and architecture standards and methodologies
· Ensure technology lifecycle requirements including upgrades & decomissioning are included in the IT Capital Plan and Integration Strategy
· Works with the Technical Specialist, Delivery Manager and Operations Manager to ensure digitally relevant DevOps automation and process adherence.
· Utilise problem solving skills & techniques to drive the resolution of issues
· Accountable for delivery and maintenance of sustainable complex or multiple technical systems/components.
· Understand complex software licencing models and ensure deployments do not impact software licencing
· Use strong analytical and technical skills to provide input into the design of solutions and problem solving.
· Understand your Technical Architecture and Ensure the right infrastructure is in place for integration
· Understand Enterprise Architecture and collaborate with EA on solutions
· Accountable for the team's adherence to the Companies testing & QA practices and processes
· Ensure systems conform to IT governance and information security requirements
· Responsible for addressing risks raised by audit (internal and external)
· Provide input into technology related Risk Management Strategies and risk mitigation
· Accountable for alignment to IT BCP and formulating individual application BCP
· Maintain a 3 year Technology Roadmap
· Contribute to Business Case formulation: resources, infrastructure, software
· Contribute to the assessment and selection of technologies, solutions and services
· Coach, mentor and share experience to improve competence and performance of team.
3 year IT Qualification
· 5-7 years’ experience (may be specialist)
· Technology management skills
· Software Management skills
· Project management skills
· Relevant business knowledge
· Relevant Integration Technology knowledge in any of the following technologies would be preferable:
o IBM MessageBroker\IBM Integration Bus (IIB)\IBM App Connect (ACE), ESQL, MRM, DFDL
o IBM MQ and MFT
o IBM Datapower
o AWS Cloud Services such as S3, VPC, Glue, etc.
o Observability tools such as AWS CloudWatch, ELK(Elastic, Kibana), etc.
o DevOps tools such as Jenkins, AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Git-based code repositories (i.e BitBicket, GitHub, etc.)
o Event Streaming tools such as Kafka, Confluent, etc.
· Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings
· Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved
· Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
· Anticipates potential obstacles and their impact on the accomplishment of goals and timelines and propose/ take corrective action where required
· Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed
· Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly.
· Speaks fluently in team meetings when presenting information.
· Manages existing partnerships within established agreements or contracts; negotiates adjustments when mutually beneficial to do so.
· Discusses issues and exchanges information with partners to identify areas of mutual interest and benefit.
· Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to adapt to change
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.