Our client, a provider in Special Risk Solutions in looking for a facilitate ongoing review of organisation capability requirements, develop a progressive skills development function and lead implementation of talent management strategies and processes, providing operational support by fostering a high-performance culture within the company and ensuring that all employees embrace the principles of learning and talent management.
Main job function
1. Skills and Learning Development
· Conduct organisation capability assessment to determine performance and competency gaps.
· Implements mechanisms to measure the effectiveness of learning and talent activities, with a specific focus on the effectiveness of the organization.
· Develop and implement graduate programs and learnerships as required by the business and for transformation purposes.
· Monitor and review the progress of trainees through assessments, questionnaires, and discussions with managers.
· Act as the SDF and manage relationships with external stakeholders including service providers, Inseta and industry bodies.
· Regularly review the L&D landscape and ensure training material, policies and procedures remains relevant and meets key business needs.
2. Talent, Career and Succession planning
· Collaborates with the Human Capital Business Partners to formulate a workforce plan that reflects the capability requirements of the organisation for the strategy term.
· Coordinates and facilitates talent annual talent review and succession planning process to determine talent risks and opportunities.
· Facilitates the implementation of successor and talent development plans to fast track candidate readiness, including coordinating assessments, coaching, and advising on relevant learning interventions.
· Engages with staff and management on measures to enable effective career planning and management.
· Facilitates the implementation of the retention strategy for critical talent segments.
· Formulate talent development plans and Succession candidates and oversee the progressive implementation of the development plans.
· Provide specialist guidance and facilitation of group sessions to stakeholders across all the of learning and talent value chain, including:
- Performance management - Talent reviews - Succession planning and retention - development approaches - Organizational and personal development planning - Career development and planning
· Oversee the design and effectiveness of the new employee onboarding program to meet the needs of the new, hybrid mode of working.
3. Organisational Diagnostics
· Make use of data and stakeholder feedback to locate the root cause of organizational talent related problems and inform appropriate solutions and interventions.
· Uses data analytics to offer focused insights from across the talent effectiveness value chain.
· Make use of organisational design to identify trends /patterns pertaining to customer requests and needs to continually improve all aspects of service delivery.
· Proactively seek feedback from stakeholder and conduct trend analysis to identify talent issues before they adversely impact climate and performance.
4. Policies and Procedures
· Contribute to identifying process improvement in policies and/or procedures for identified areas e.g., Performance Management, EVP etc.
· Research latest development in management, leadership and organization development areas and keep abreast to serve as a subject matter expert and consult to organization regarding critical people issues.
5. Reporting and Alignment
· Report on talent and succession profile and flag potential risks as applicable.
· Compile climate/ engagement survey report with recommendations of areas for improvement.
· Minimum of a bachelor’s degree (Industrial Psychology, Business Management or similar)
· Preferred Post graduate qualification
· 5 years’ experience in talent development / learning and development role
· 3 years of relevant experience in an SDF/ facilitation role
· 5 years in human resources/ people management environment
· Knowledge of the skills development act and other related legislation
· Knowledge of short term insurance sector
· Systems thinking
· National Treasury reporting requirements for Schedule 3A entities
· Organisational effectiveness analysis techniques
· Strategic sighted
· Report Writing skills
· Data and trend analysis
· Facilitation skills
· Negotiation skills
· Research and benchmarking
· Strategic planning
· Ability to work under pressure
· Business acumen
· Effective communicator
· Results driven
· Stress tolerance
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.