Our client, a large player within the retail space, seeks team player with relevant experience and ability to meet strict deadlines to start ASAP
Main job function
- Wide area network support – Managing local providers and their 3rd party providers to ensure network availability
- Local area network support – ensuring that the LAN is available and maintained and the wireless infrastructure functional
- Hardware Support (All support of desktops, Laptops, printers, handheld scanners, access contol systems ) and logging calls with the relative service providors if needed.
- Support and maintenance of voice system – including improvements on these
- Software Support (, Windows, MS Office 365, Antivirus, Syspro , Internet and all company applications.)
- Assist in the training and rollout of companies systems
- Add hoc reporting and manipulation of data for the Directors and management teams
- Any purchasing of Hardware, Software or parts if needed – as per Hardware support
- Enrolment of new users into security systems and assisting with access on Companies systems
- Daily Backups of all local systems
- Rollout and configuration of any new hardware
- Support operations with take on of new customers into companies systems
- Support compliance to usage of operational systems and respective enhancements.
- Reporting to regional infrastructure - reporting on the activities and projects / Compliance / Costs / status of companies IT rollouts
- Ensure that all Company procedures are adhered to in terms of IT and related matters at all times.
- Work with Solutions Owners, Solutions Analysts, Business Owners and Customers to translate requirements into solutions to meet business needs.
- Perform any additional duties as and when required.
- To assist in the general operation of the office and ensure that all Internal Controls and procedures are strictly adhered to at all times.
- Responsible for backups
- Responsible for Laptop Backups
- Responsible Cloud Solution for servers
- Pro Active in keeping systems up to date
- Presentations from Infrastructure meetings
- Windows upgrades
- Further compliance as needed
- Monitoring Circuits
- First Line support (Ability to check and isolate issue)
- Subsequent Logging
Understanding of Companies Solutions
- Understand Syspro / Qlikview / Qwix
- General Support
- General Support issues / Ticket Logging
▪ Diploma or certificate : MCITP or equivalent
· Minimum of a matric or equivalent.
· Must have at least 3- 5 years’ experience in a Technical position
· Sound knowledge of Networks and server support
· Excellent people skills
· Presentation skills
· Must have own vehicle
· Willing to work overtime on weekends and after hours as needed.
· Experience on Syspro and Qwix system will be advantageous.
· Proficient on Microsoft Office – Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Email, Internet etc.
· Attention to detail and high level of accuracy is essential.
· Excellent professional work standard & ethics.
· Performance-driven, ability to handle pressure and be able to meet strict deadlines.
· Self-organisation, coordination, prioritisation, follow up and problem solving skills.
· Have impeccable work ethic.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
· Applicants must be able to supply at least two contactable references.
· The successful applicant must be willing to undergo a background and criminal check.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.