Our client, a technology leader serving financial and regulated industries, seeks suitably qualified Support Application Engineer (Infrastructure) to join their ever growing team
Please email application through to email@example.com
Main job function
The employee is employed in the capacity of Application Engineer (Infrastructure Specialist). This includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
Level 1-3: Platform & Administration
The Application Engineer is responsible for the administration of all servers and services and platform installs. This includes:
· Installing applications and operating systems.
· Maintaining and updating applications and operating systems.
· Monitoring all services and servers.
· Maintaining and monitoring the current network.
· Installing and third level support of Applications and services related to solutions.
· Provide technical support for team members.
· Construct and maintain all required consulting documentation.
· Provide a clear consulting communication channel.
· Assist the Head of Customer Service with all client related issues, including onsite support.
· Management of appropriate processes maintaining and supporting the above mentioned.
· Consulting on the installation of the application, upgrades and patches.
· Provide Technical Consultancy on the Application Platform and other Operating Systems (Unix/Linux/Microsoft) and Virtualization & Cloud Services to clients;
· Perform System Troubleshooting and escalation of critical outages/downtime to direct line Manager/Team Leader;
· Monitoring Systems and Infrastructure uptime and reporting any incidences during On-call duties;
· To provide Technical Support and Administration of all servers and services;
· Design and Manage the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring, maintenance, production support and developer support of complex multi database environments
· Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of internal/external stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers and Developers to ensure optimum database performance.
· Support Database Performance monitoring and tuning to ensure database availability at all times
· Support with the development and implementation of database backup and recovery and support with the maintenance of the database backup and recovery strategic plan and activities
· Monitor and maintain changes in legislation, regulations, initiatives and relevant industry practices.
· Design and Manage Database Environment through administration support in design and creating relational databases Sets up and maintain S.Q.L mirroring, replication and log shipping, crash recovery, Software updates and upgrades, Performance analysis.
· Database tuning and scaling “What is causing the database to be slow or to stop working”.
· Develop and maintain a multitude of Unix/Linux environments that encompasses several open-source applications i.e. Apache, MySQL deployed in off-site Data Centres and some with no physical access.
· Installing, testing, monitoring, reporting, updating, hardening and auditing.
· Ensure system availability and enough capacity of our critical data.
As the Infrastructure Specialist within the support team you will also be responsible for certain specialist functions from an Infrastructures point of view
Relevant IT qualification (NQF 6)
· 3-5 years’ relevant working experience on Linux systems administration – not negotiable – will be assessed
· Working experience in network securities administration
· Knowledge of Infrastructure best practices
· Be fully proficient in a development language (preferably BASH/SHELL scripting)
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Excellent listening skills
· Excellent planning and organising skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Excellent client service skills
· Fully proficient within a Linux environment
· Familiar with Windows environment
· Fully proficient on Virtualization & Cloud Services (advantageous)
· Maintain standards of conduct
· Honest, reliable & confidential
· Respectful & flexible
· Possess cultural & political awareness and sensitivity
· Demonstrate sound work ethics
· Pro-active with a strong sense of urgency
· Great at teamwork
· Available and eagerness to help
· Valid driver’s license & own transport
· Self-motivated & positive
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.