My client, a highly reputable Renewable Energy Company supplying to the commercial and industrial industries needs to expand their team and is looking for a Solar PV Project Manager with solid large scale solar projects (Commercial and Industrial) experience to join their team, this position will be based in Johannesburg, but will require traveling.
Please email application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main job function
The Solar PV Project Manager is required to manage Solar PV projects within the Execution Department from development phase to handover phase. He / She will be responsible to drive all project related tasks pertaining to the project development, procurement, construction, commissioning, and final completion phases of the project lifecycle. Once complete he/she will hand over all relevant project documentation to the
O&M Department. He/She will assist with any business development requirements focused on continual improvement of the department’s operations and efficiencies.
The Project Manager may also be tasked to assist the Engineering Department to complete designs relating to the renewable energy system to which he is appointed to manage (Ad hoc).
Furthermore, all project budget and planning responsibilities will be tracked and communicated with internal management and the client on an ongoing basis. Client relations and communications are key aspects which ensures a world class product and service is delivered.
Continual visibility into latest technological and product developments must be monitored to ensure the best solution can be offered to the client.
· Owner of project budgets and must be updated for weekly reporting - Candy
· Project scheduling
· Project reporting
· Project scope of works development and management
· Project contracts management
· Project logistics management
· Project equipment ordering
· Project installation quality control
· Project Health and Safety responsibilities
· Project commissioning leader
· Client liaising and relationship management
· Technician management (allocated to your project)
· Subcontractor appointments and management
· Assess and accept engineering designs.
· Design of solar PV energy systems
· Assist with any operations and maintenance issues on all sites under SLA.
· Development of department tools and documents
· Development & delivery of project handover documents to client
· Ensure all ISO9001 and ISO45001 compliances are met during construction.
· Feedback project learnings to the Engineering Department ensuring continual improvement.
· Handover system to O&M department as per handover procedure
· Wiremans Licence and or Electrical Engineering degree/Diploma and or Qualified
· Trade Tested Electrician
· 3+ years within the Renewable energy/Solar industry on a commercial scale – no residential experience will be considered.
· Must be willing to Travel for extensive periods of time.
· Have own reliable transport and driver’s license.
· PV Construction installation experience > 300 kWp
· Attention to detail.
· Strong leadership skills.
· Effective communication skills.
· Good decision maker.
· Technical expertise.
· Inspires a shared vision.
· Team building skills.
· Good negotiation skills.
· Remains cool under pressure.
· Ability to meet drive milestones and meet deadlines.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.