Our client, a well know food franchise, seeks suitable qualified Senior Enterprise Database Administrator to join their Cape Town Tech Department
Main job function
Assist the Technology Department in supporting, maintaining and improving the Restaurant Technology Function (aka QSR Solutions) of the Technology portfolio. Maintaining the Restaurant Technology services, and systems strategy.
Acquire and expand on relevant product knowledge used in the Oracle product suite.
Adhere to the best practices used in the restaurant technology space
Relevant IT Degree/Diploma
Principal Accountabilities In addition the following policies and procedures, principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage administration of Oracle Enterprise Management Systems (Simphony EMC & OHEICS).
• Manage communications with business regarding administration.
• Manage all change processes in accordance with the client SLA.
• Provide internal training related to enterprise database control where applicable.
• Assist with new enterprise property creation and deployment.
• To assist the support centre in support for all Simphony tickets logged.
• To be aware of escalation procedures and work instructions as communicated.
• Research and test problems to confirm, isolate and identify what caused the problem and solutions. When unable to resolve problems, escalate to the correct channels.
• Assist with the occasional implementing, testing and writing of any documentation or custom reports that may be required.
• Inform the relevant account managers of support / maintenance issues regarding their clients.
• Keep updated on new technologies available, on Oracle software products, third-party software products, as well as general IT technologies, related to our industry.
• Simphony EMC a definite requirement and OHEICS would be beneficial.
• Pass any certification examinations as required by Management.
• Present training courses as required. Implementation
• Implement and monitor strategic store technology projects as and when instructed.
• Perform any other reasonable tasks as allocated by Management.
• This job description may be amended from time to time
5+ years experience in similar position
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.