Exciting opportunity in multi-national Renewable Energy company.
Main job function
The Site Manager will be responsible for overall O&M Activities at Tom Burke Solar Plant in Limpopo.
Manage Maintenance and Operations of plant(s).
Coordinate plant activities following Safety, Environment and Quality rules and procedures, aiming to ensure zero accidents in duties.
Be the custodian of occupational health, safety and environment for the plant(s), supported by Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) department.
Carrying out all legal aspects for plant equipment.
Provide statutory compliance machinery, equipment and facilities.
Manage with support from your plant sub-ordinates, to plan and execute scheduled and corrective maintenance works.
Coordinate, supervise and report on site contractors daily activities.
Make available traceable maintenance and inspection progress statistics and reports.
Provide communication platforms for supporting departments (Local Control Room [LCR], Technical Support, Performance improvement departments, auditors, Human Resources and HSEQ).
Coordinate Technical and/or Operational Meetings with the Operations and Maintenance Contractors.
Manage relationships of local stakeholders, Land Owners, Community Consortium, and interaction
Coordinate Job Creation and preferential expenditures with the Community Liaison Officer (CLO).
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related technical-scientific field accredited engineering qualification, recognized and registered by Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) or any other recognized and relevant engineering professional body.
· Professional engineering registration will be an advantage.
· Government Certificate of Competency for Factories (GCC (Factories)) is compulsory.
· At least 3 years work experience in renewable energy industry or similar technical role in Operation and Maintenance. Solar technology knowledge will be an advantage.
· Knowledge of national and international contracts for services and materials in the energy sector.
· In depth knowledge of renewable energy industrial, power plant engineering, renewable energy power plant operation & maintenance, and environmental and safety requirements.
· Knowledge and experience on MV/HV equipment.
· Proficiency in coordinating and monitoring contractors’ performance for O&M, safety, quality, and environmental conformance; and scheduling of activities.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.