Exciting opportunity in multi-national Renewable Energy company.
Must be South African citizen
Please email application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main job function
The Network Engineer will be responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and management of the South Africa Offices and Power Plants network and cybersecurity infrastructure. He/she will participate in and contribute to other areas within the Global Digital Solutions department as required, working closely with key business partners, internal technology teams, and external vendors. He/She will implement, manage, and maintain processes for all network devices and platforms to ensure compliance with requirements, company policies, and industry best practices for the company in Southern Africa (South Africa and Zambia).
· Installation, management, maintenance, and documentation of the LAN and WAN for Headquarters in Southern Africa and Satellite offices.
· Engineer Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solutions in support of the overall objectives.
· Provide technical leadership, governance, and oversight for the design and implementation of ICT systems, projects and changes within the Southern Africa environment, with a core focus on end-user system functionality to ensure accessibility, reliability, and compliance.
· Work with business unit executives and service providers to introduce required system functionalities onto the ICT environment.
· Participate in new plants’ ICT network and security infrastructure design and setup, in collaboration with Engineering & Construction and/or other involved parties and on activities coordinated by the Global Digital Solutions department.Ensure the efficient status of plants and control room network and security equipment by making use of appropriate monitoring tools and/or leading the discussions with specific suppliers dedicated for this purpose
MUST have Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Informatics, Electrical or Electronic Engineering, or related field.
Post-graduate degree preferred
· 5 - 10 years’ experience in a medium/big-sized company, preferably with an Industrial Control Systems/ Telecoms focus.
· Cisco CCNA or CCNP certification an advantage
· CRISC, CISSO Certification an advantage
· CMNO certification an advantage
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.