Our client, one of the largest international Islamic banking groups in the world is looking for a Senior Developer, to be based at Head Office in Durban.
Main job function
• Working directly with business stakeholders or product owners to design and build data driven applications.
• Applications Development
• Receives specifications from relevant departments for the application to be developed.
• Analyse the specification document to ensure that the requirements are understood and whether the deadlines can be met and contacts relevant department for clarification.
• Selects technology to be used on the Company standards i.e Microsoft technology or Company technology standards to develop the application.
• Develops the application using the selected standard.
• Management of Staff
• Supervises junior development staff.
• Assists on various high level tasks as and when required for clarification.
• Degree or Diploma in Information Technology or related qualification
• Minimum of 4 years working experience.
• Corporate experience would be an advantage
• Experience with Financial systems
• C# / Python
• ETL / ELT – SSIS or similar
• Reporting – SSRS or similar
• Strong understanding of API's and integration with third party services and libraries
Machine learning and AI
• Experience with source management
• Time Management
• Work well under pressure
• Stress Management
• Conflict Management
• Communication Skills (verbal, written and numeric)
• Deadline Driven
• Respondents must have a passion for coding beyond your job, having your own list of side projects or portfolio.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.