Main job function
As Senior Design Leads, you will oversee large portions of engineering projects and manage a team composed of several design engineers to ensure smooth workflow and efficiency.
You will ensure that you are working within the given customer requirements and as per the timeline and thus you will have to set guidelines, goals and organize schedules for your subordinates.
You will, in addition to providing leadership to your staff, also manage the planning for your project, work with concept development, and ensure that plans meet company or client needs and engineering standards.
You must provide guidance and mentorship throughout the design process and review and approve designs to ensure that they meet quality standards.
As a Senior Design Lead, you are also responsible for providing effective staffing strategies and workflow.
Degree or a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering
Approximately 10+ years of proven practical experience
Experience in leading complex engineering projects and people
· Interpretation of requirements and address design parameters and engineering problems to ensure solutions are implemented accurately.
· Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting the design.
· Develop mechanical system design solutions based on engineering principles.
· Detailing, drafting, laying out and specifying technical devices, parts and equipment.
· Conduct, interpret and confirm measurements.
· Evaluate information to determine compliance with standards.
· Knowledge of metals and materials used in production
· Advanced knowledge of 2D and 3D software
Software and Skills
· Experience with detailed complex design analysis is required
· Proficient in CATIA V5 R2016 and Solidworks 2015 or later
· All Microsoft Office software including Project 2010 or later
· Great problem solving and communication skills
· Ability to work on projects demanding fast prototype/production startups
· Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees
· Experience leading high performance teams in a fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of CAD/CAM Software
· Identify the requirements to complete the job.
· Assess and Analyse project time
· Policy and Procedures
· Adhere to the policy and procedures adopted by the organisation
· Follow all lawful instructions pertaining to the performance of duties
· Health and Safety:
· Ensure all health and safety regulations are complied with.
· Ensure working environment is kept clean and safe.
· Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.