Main job function
We are looking for a Senior Accountant who is going to be responsible for the management and reporting of financial transactions of an organization. Their duties include preparing management reports, financial statements, preparing and analysing our accounts, performing account reconciliations, preparing tax computations, assisting with audits, and ensuring compliance with financial reporting and other standard accounting procedures.
Reporting to: Financial Manager
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
· Communicating with internal stakeholders to ensure that all their needs are understood and addressed
· Building strong stakeholder relationships to maintain a good reputation for finance with management
· Collaborating with various internal departments to ensure that they fulfil all customer requests
· Collecting and analyzing data concerning consumer behavior to understand changing needs
· Maintain full control of the bookkeeper function in the financial/administration department
· Maintain and review internal controls and implement policies and procedures
· Financial/Administration Duties
· Producing a variety of reports including income statements and balance sheets
· Checking for accuracy in reports, figures and postings
· Reconciling and reporting any discrepancies found in the records
· Adhere to all deadlines
· Preparation of monthly management accounts, including Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash flow Statements
· Intercompany transactions
· Monthly Business Unit expense analysis
· Budget Variance Analysis by Business Unit & overall company
· Audit and review of Petty Cash recons
· VAT Returns / Reconciliations including SARS e-filing submissions
· Assist with Internal Audit requirements
· Assist with external annual audits
· Update and review FAR and tax asset registers monthly
· Complete Stats SA questionnaires
· Strong sense of accountability.
· Great work ethic.
· Solutions driven individual.
· Positive attitude.
· Problem solving skills.
· B Com degree or equivalent qualification
· Min 5 years accounting work experience
· Sound working knowledge of accounting policies and principles
· Logistics industry experience (preferable)
· Ability to work accurately and within deadlines
· High level of analytical skills
· Attention to detail
· Ability to plan and prioritize and have excellent organizational skills
· Ability to perform under pressure with little supervision
· Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong Excel and systems skills
· Working knowledge of forex and exchange control (an advantage)
· Microsoft Dynamics AX experience (preferable)
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.