Main job functionVisiting customers and potential customers to evaluate needs or promote products.
• Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products to customers and prospective customers.
• Increase revenue with current, new customers and new product technologies.
• Manage the Distributor customer portfolio
• Orders to be processed correctly and immediately upon receipt.
• Ensure quotes/tenders submitted on time and complete with all returnable documents as requested by customers
• Provide technical support in the completion of quotes and tenders when required.
• Manage and report on running contracts and activities for the month
• Follow up and update quotes on quotation module and report on success rate.
• Create and complete call log register;
• Run yearly customer satisfaction survey, analyse and summarise results, liaise with the Business Development Manager on response plan.
• Complete gift register with integrity
• Generate and forward all picking tickets to the relevant stakeholders.
• Generate and forward order acknowledgements to customers
• File offers and orders processed both electronically and in the archives.
• Submit updated delivery schedules to customers on a weekly basis
• Log all tenders and projects in the projects outstanding list
• Traveling locally in South Africa to visit customers following the approved travel plan.
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (Low Current) or equivalent.
• Experience Required
• 2 years’ Electrical Engineering (Low Current) - automation experience in a manufacturing environment
2 years’ Electrical Engineering (Low Current) - automation experience in a manufacturing environment
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English
• Customer-centric approach
• Ability to build and sustain good customer relationships
• Persistence and self-motivation
• Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
• Planning, organising and coordination skills
• Presentation skills
• Resilient and ability to withstand high levels of pressure and deadlines
• Must be willing and able to travel
• Personal credibility – displaying high ethical standards
• Meeting sales targets
• Business acumen – understand business and customer needs
• Technical knowledge in electrical and/or mechanical engineering
• Reading, understanding and processing of tenders
• Knowledge of Incoterms and letters of credits
• Knowledge of electrical power transmission and distribution will be an added advantage.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.