Main job function
The key objective of the Sales Consultant – Mining Equipment, is to ensure that the division captures a profitable share of long-term growth opportunities in South Africa and neighbouring countries, adequately supported by intentional development. Responsible for independently driving business development and sales in the industry; including the sales management processes, order, closure and driving optimal customer value.
- Be the face of the division consistently demonstrating and leveraging for customer and company benefit superior competencies in relationship- and value-based selling; person-to-person marketing in complex, capital-intensive industrial markets; and business development geared to both long-term success and additive near-term successes that drive sustainable viability in the industry.
- Create and implement business development and sales strategies including qualitative and quantitative, outcome-driven objectives for target and key accounts that drive the division’s relevance to and in the mining industry and that support the achievement of company revenue and profitability targets.
- Leverage her/his understanding of Customer channels, market trends, and competitor strategies to identify new solution offerings and value propositions for Mining Equipment
- Act as proxy voice for Customer within the mining division, drive change within the organization needed to surpass Customer expectations and to deliver to Customers in the industry, compelling and differentiating value along each dimension of their experience with the company.
- Act as lead consultant on solution development for business opportunities in the industry and steer creative processes toward a winning solution within the framework of a well-defined win strategy.
- Lead the preparation of distinguishing Customer-facing solutions proposals, including drafting of executive summaries, Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), Return on Investment (ROI) narratives, functional descriptions, and pricing strategies.
- Work in close collaboration with senior leadership to develop business objectives, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), monitor and report on achievements against targets.
- Develop and implement comprehensive strategic goals and strategies to maximize short- and long-term sales growth and market penetration with profitability of the total mix of company product in the assigned area.
- Living the brand legacy by providing reliable support and superior customer service topped with integrity and honesty.
Qualifications and requirements
A minimum of 5 years' experience and a proven track record of selling high quality Mining and Earthmoving Equipment.
Verifiable and actionable networks of cultivated relationships with key influencers and decision makers in the Mining and Minerals industries and have an existing client base.
Strong understanding of Customer and market dynamics and requirements in the mining industry.
Strong financial acumen, analytical skills in business metrics and forecast modelling, as well as ability to quickly design realistic action plans to: bring about change and effectively assign and manage tasks to accomplish goals.
Demonstrate successful leadership in hands-on execution of sales growth strategies with an emphasis on growth processes.
Verifiable track record of articulating business and solutions strategies that drive Customer success and grow company market share.
Applicants must be self-motivated and resourceful.
Must have a driver's license and own vehicle.
May not have a criminal record.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.