My client, based in Boksburg is currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor for an 18-month contract to manage the financial and commercial aspects of disciplines from Earthworks, civils, building, structural, mechanical, platework, piping electricals and instrumentation. This position will be office and site (Mpumalanga) based.
Main job function
- Assist in compiling BOQ and pricing.
- Evaluating and appointment of subcontractors
- Apply financial contractual matters within the awarded tenders.
- Ability to analyse project variations and changes, prepare project reports, analyse information for adjustments to project budget as necessary to ensure a successful project for the company.
- Site cost management, ensuring that all costs are aligned with the bill of quantities.
- Control of project variations and approval process with client and subcontractors.
- Site Measurements.
- Site correspondence with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring payments and final accounts are managed efficiently.
- Manages and leads actions that are necessary due to delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction sites.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BSc or BTech in Quantity Surveying
- 5-10 years’ quantity surveying experience working in a contracting environment on large civil works, roads and earthworks projects.
- Must be commercially strong
- Must have construction estimating and finance experience.
- You will have proven experience in contract law, insurances, financial reporting (project), SHEQ legislation and implementation, site staff management (including IR, if the need arises), as well as managing construction methods, measuring outputs, project programming and scheduling.
- Computer literate with proficiency in CCS Candy/BuildSmart
- Excellent reporting skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High attention to detail with excellent accuracy.
- Deadline driven.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Sound knowledge of construction and mining projects.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize, plan and strategize.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.