Exciting opportunity in multi-national Renewable Energy company.
Must be South African citizen
Main job function
Responsible for leading Engineering activities relating to contractual, scheduling and budget requirements for wind farms in the African region. Potentially cross solar and BESS (Battery Energy Storage Systems) technology.
• Lead and coordinate the engineering team for performing Due Diligences, Feasibility Studies, Design for Permitting, Basic design and Detailed Design
• Coordinate with the other Units within the Organization to manage and prepare technical input to support project business case for new opportunities
• Investment Committee: Capex Estimation, Technical Report, Risk Assessment
• Preform overall planning of the project's design activities
• Planning and Executing, by managing the engineering support team, all the engineering activities needed for any RFPs related to Services, Supply and Works: preparation of the technical package to be provided to Procurement Function within the Organization, Bids Technical evaluation, Bids ranking and Contract negotiations
• Management of “External Engineering services” contracts, the engineering section of any EPC contracts and/or any needs related to engineering activities
• Coordinate design review meetings conducts technical analysis of design modifications and non-conformities during construction and commissioning phase.
• Prepare project status reports for communicating with team members and other project stakeholders, whether they are internal (at all organizational levels) or external to the organization
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Renewable Engineering, or Engineering or equivalent
Three to five years’ demonstrated experience in renewable industry, preferably in wind sector
Knowledge of wind farm development (turbine technology, wind siting, wind farm design, planning permit, etc.).
Basic knowledge of renewable market operation and common applications of utility scale renewable farm in the South African market
Basic knowledge of the South African grid connection process including its major requirements
Basic knowledge of the Development Approval process
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.