Please email application through to email@example.com
Main job function
Responsible in lead engineering activities relating to contractual, scheduling and budget requirements for wind farm in the African region. Potentially cross solar and BESS (Battery Energy Storage Systems) technology.
· Lead and coordinate the engineering team for performing Due Diligences, Feasibility Studies, Design for Permitting, Basic design and Detailed Design
· Coordinate with the other Units within the Organization to manage and prepare technical input to support project business case for new opportunities
· Investment Committee: Capex Estimation, Technical Report, Risk Assessment
· Preform overall planning of the project's design activities
· Planning and Executing, by managing the engineering support team, all the engineering activities needed for any RFPs related to Services, Supply and Works: preparation of the technical package to be provided to Procurement Function within the Organization, Bids Technical evaluation, Bids ranking and Contract negotiations
· Management of “External Engineering services” contracts, the engineering section of any EPC contracts and/or any needs related to engineering activities
· Coordinate design review meetings conducts technical analysis of design modifications and non-conformities during construction and commissioning phase.
· Prepare project status reports for communicating with team members and other project stakeholders, whether they are internal (at all organizational levels) or external to the organization
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in Renewable Engineering, or engineering or equivalent
· 3 to 5 years’ demonstrated experience in renewable industry, preferably in wind sector
· Knowledge of wind farm development (turbine technology, wind siting, wind farm design, planning permit, etc.).
· Basic knowledge of renewable market operation and common applications of utility scale renewable farm in the South African market
· Basic knowledge of the South African grid connection process including its major requirements
· Basic knowledge of the Development Approval process
· Basic knowledge of the turbine technology and energy management control systems.
· Basic knowledge of Wind and Solar technology and substations design.
· Previous experience in wind turbine OEM or wind farm development will be considered a strong plus
· Previous experience in Battery Energy Storage Systems development will be considered a plus
· Previous experience in grid connection management dealing with RETEC, Eskom and OEM will be considered a plus
· Previous experience business case comparison integrated with financial consideration will be considered a strong plus
· Knowledge of relevant technology standards SABS, IEC, etc.)
· Knowledge of MS Office package, including MS Project
· Knowledge of CAD software (e.g., AutoCAD) is a plus
· Ability to work within a multidisciplinary + multicultural teams + Global Framework + Matrix Organization
· Innovative and Sustainable thinking; Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· Effective verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills
· Ability to create working team environment and to build trust with all the stakeholders
· Ability to work in autonomy for complex tasks and multiple projects under pressure
· Problem-solving and approaches problems through lateral thinking
· Self-motivated, flexible and demonstrates initiative and creativity to achieve plant capex targets without compromising on health, safety, and quality
· Excellent teamwork and communication skills
· Ability to work in time constrained situations and follow tight deadlines
· Advanced proficiency with MS Office suite.
· Excellent proficiency in English, both written and verbal
· Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
· Keen interest and enthusiasm in the renewable energy sector and working in an international setting
· Availability to travel locally and internationally when required
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.