Please email application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main job function
· Control specific sections within the manufacturing unit. You will have a team of supervisors, production operators and maintenance staff reporting in. Be responsible and accountable for the day to day activities of the plant, all of which lead to a safe, efficient and profitable operation aimed at meeting customer requirements
· Compile weekly production schedule using data from current sales orders, back orders, floor stock requirements and material availability.
· Ensure efficient use of all resources.
· Supervise and organize maintenance activities which ensure planned and breakdown maintenance is scheduled efficiently. Prepare and control year end maintenance activities.
· Assist with the preparation, management and accountability of achieving production targets and budgets.
· Ensure that all raw materials required for meeting customer requirements are ordered timeously – use agreed floor stocks and re-order levels.
· Ensure screen print schedule matches the production schedule to meet customer orders
· Ensure screens are available.
· Management reporting including production statistics, line efficiencies, spoilage, downtimes and quality related issues.
· Ensure stock rotation, compliance with stock movement procedures, dead and slow- moving stock and quarantined stock monitoring.
· Ensure compliance with SABS ISO 9001-2015 Policy and Procedures.
· Lead and manage the production team of +-50 employees. Monitor and address time & attendance, conduct and disciplinary issues. Ensure there is sufficient succession planning so that all key operations have adequate back up.
The Production Manager to be in an office adjacent to the manufacturing plant.
Incumbent will be subject to a noisy environment that uses flammable products and he will also be close to moving equipment and machinery.
Ø 20 year Production experience with minimum of 8 years’ experience in a Management role
Ø Attention to Detail
Ø Customer focussed (external and internal)
Ø Good time keeping
Ø Physically fit
Ø Ability to work under pressure
Ø Flexible and adaptable
Ø Sound knowledge of maintenance planning.
Ø Strong technical, verbal and communication skills
Ø Ability to deal with Executives, senior management and employees
Ø Good computer skills
o MS Office
Ø Sound knowledge of Quality Policy ISO 9001:2015 standards.
Ø Sound knowledge of labour practices and our disciplinary procedure.
Ø Sound knowledge of Safety Policy and standards.
Ø Good report writing skills.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.