Please email application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main job functions
To procure goods and services to meet business requirements.
• Manage and maintain health, safety, and environment within the internal environment.
• Comply to Legislation as set out in the OSH Act and to organizational standards.
• Address workplace hazards and risks.
• Within scope of authority of the role, carry out all the employer’s lawful orders in the interest of health and safety, and report any unsafe acts or conditions
• Enforce all requirements of the standard operating procedures.
Quality & Food Safety:
• Comply to Legislation as set out in the Foodstuffs Disinfectants and Cosmetics Act and all other relevant Food legislation, regulations and organizational standards.
• Apply and continuously improve procedures within internal environment.
• Comply with requirements of the Integrated Management System.
• Refer to Food Safety Responsibilities and Authorities.
• Ensure Procurement Compliance processes are followed to mitigate business risks.
• Monitor and control costs in area of responsibility.
• Protect company assets (working capital & fixed assets).
• Minimize waste and rework.
• Analyze, update, action Overdue Reports & LIFT system to ensure limited financial exposure.
• Liaise with a range of customers.
• Develop and manage strategic supplier relationships to meet business objectives.
• Liaise with a range of suppliers.
• Co-ordinate the tender process as per business compliance.
Contracts, Lease Agreements & SLA's:
• Negotiate terms of contracts within agreed mandates (Spec., Pricing, Lead Times, Stockholding, etc.).
• Analyze and interpret contracts and make suitable recommendations.
• Implement contracts with service providers (decide on service provider, best service, pricing, etc.).
• Administer contract documentation (Filing, records, etc.).
• Provide support to the Contract owner for contract queries and disputes.
• Maintain and update contract database (Renewals, Terminations, and/or Tender process, as per Heads of Department, including Quarterly Spend, etc.).
• Maintain, monitor, and negotiate price increases with suppliers.
• Co-ordinate Vendor Evaluations Quarterly and Annually for all Vendors.
• Source BBBEE vendors.
• Apply for and process credit applications with new vendors .
• Apply for higher credit limits as required.
• Keep updated with market conditions and notify relevant customers of potential risks with vendors of goods and services (Shortages, stock-outs, industrial action, etc.).
• Investigate alternative vendors as required (domestic and foreign).
• Obtain credit approval from new Vendor and request creation of new vendors.
• Maintain and update the approved vendor database (vendor information and/or changes, Code of Business Conduct, BBBEE Certificates, etc.).
• Create and process orders
• Expedite overdue orders and follow-up on incomplete deliveries
• Verify Purchase Requisitions against Quotations (Prices, quantities, delivery dates, etc.) and investigate discrepancies
• Investigate discrepancies between Purchase Orders, Delivery Notes and Invoices
· Identify business risk and document on the risk register.
· Implement mitigating factors for all risks identified.
· Test risk register for effectiveness.
• Create and process CAPEX orders.
• Maintain and update the CAPEX orders and CAPEX budget databases.
• Provide procurement administration support to projects.
• Maintain and update pricing for stock materials.
• Negotiate & issue price amendment letter to vendors.
• Prepare and administer the quarterly pricing and sale of By-Product.
• Conduct general Procurement administration.
• Conduct internal procurement audits.
• Compile Procurement Reports.
• Review, analyze and improve procurement systems and processes
• Project Management When required (Asset management/verification, Alignment with Policies, Electronic signatures, Online Procurement System).
• Supervise work unit to achieve work unit objectives (individuals and teams).
• Plan, organize and monitor work in own area of responsibility.
• Communicate the unit results and achievements to the team.
• Conduct probationary reviews.
• Manage and report individual and team performance.
• Ensure discipline is maintained in department (Absenteeism, Time Management, overtime, misconduct, etc.).
• Resolve grievances and disputes.
Training and Development:
• Conduct on-the-job training, assessment and coaching.
• Procurement Process
• Systems Capability
• Contract Management
• Inventory, Warehouse & Logistic Management
• Vendor Management
• Policy Development, Enforcement & Compliance Assessment
• Organizational Awareness
Personal Effectiveness Competencies:
• Environment, Health & Safety Awareness
• Customer Focus
• Service Orientation
• Accountability (Dependability)
• Developing & Empowering People
• Decision Making & Problem Solving
• Teamwork & Team Building
• Conflict Management
o Customer Service
o Computer Skills
o Report Writing
o Customer Service
o Procurement Purchasing
- Minimum Requirement: Diploma Procurement Purchasing Management
- Advantageous qualifications: Degree (Procurement or Commercial)
- Recruitment Experience is non-negotiable
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- SAP / Financial background / exposure
- People Management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Contract management experience
- High level of accuracy and communication skills
- Candidates must be ITC and criminal clear
- Candidate must be able to work in a highly performing environment-
- Must be accurate, attention to detail and strong analytical aptitude
- Shows an ability to think logically
- Highly organized
- Has good problem-solving skills
- Is a Team Player
- Has Excellent Technical Knowledge
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.