Main job function
Reporting to the Head of Engineering.
Responsible to provide expert engineering support and project management to the manufacturing operations, with specific focus on the filling department and related processes including investigation, analysis, and resolution of technical issues associated with the plant.
Other duties and responsibilities include:
• Develop expert knowledge and competence in the filling operations.
• Provide technical expertise and input to the factory maintenance function.
• Maintain accurate records, drawings and technical files for the relevant plant and equipment.
• Analyze and report key measures for systemic improvement.
• Run systemic and focused improvement projects on site.
• Develop procedures, instructions, and protocols for relevant plant and processes.
• Manage new expansion projects from inception to final commissioning and sign off.
• Engage and communicate with project stakeholders.
• Prepare detailed feasibility studies, project plans and designs.
• Facilitate the development of project requirements specifications.
• Develop along with stakeholders, suitable qualification protocols.
• Develop Gantt charts to ensure projects are well managed.
• Meticulous handling of project-, and technical documentation.
• Selection and management of contractors.
• Financial and contractual project control.
The successful candidate must have an Engineering degree (Mechanical/ Industrial/ Chemical) and have at least 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the manufacturing/ FMCG environment.
Experience in cosmetic, pharmaceutical or personal care industries will be advantageous.
Precise workmanship, a technical mindset and excellent written- and verbal communication skills are ideal characteristics for this position
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.