Exciting opportunity with well-established, management-owned engineering firm.
Position can be based in Tshwane or Cape Town.
- Support, and manage dynamic system modeling information and studies.
- Perform and lead a range of studies including Grid Code compliance, Grid impact Study, Transmission planning studies, insulation coordination, switching studies, power quality studies, EMTP Studies, transient and dynamic performance studies, small signal analysis and forensic studies.
- Developing and recommending best practices for the conduct of system impact analysis (including electromagnetic transient analysis) of new renewable technologies, such as inverter-based generation, including wind, solar, and storage technologies.
- Present recommendations regarding system modeling issues and results to ISOs and Utilities.
- Develop and recommend best practices for power systems studies.
- Compile and Evaluate technical reports, engineering calculations and provide independent review for clients.
BSc Electrical Engineering
PR Eng would be an advantage
Experience interacting with stakeholders
Minimum of 3 to 8 years of relevant experience
Highly proficient user of EMT simulation software and commonly used network simulation software (Eg. PSSE, DIgSILENT PowerFactory , ETAP, EMTDC/PSCAD).
Working knowledge of the following Software : PSLF, ASPEN, DSATools, Powerworld, and EMTP RV, would be an advantage
Working knowledge of PLEXOS will be an advantage
Working Experience in performing a range of studies including: Grid Code compliance, Grid impact Study, Transmission planning studies, insulation coordination, switching studies, power quality studies, EMTP Studies, transient and dynamic performance studies, small signal analysis and forensic studies.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.