· Plan, organize, manage, and run day-to-day operations of metallurgic processes.
· Production output, product quality and on-time deliveries.
· Adherence to company’s planning. Manage budget and forecasts including stock levels of raw materials, final products, and consumables to ensure optimal plant productivity.
· Lead production, maintenance, HSE, laboratory, QC and HR managers to achieve monthly targets, while mentoring and leading the team to ensure smooth operations and cost-effective performances.
· Ensure that Health Safety and Environmental requirements and all Acts and Regulations are followed.
· Implement technical best practices, standard policies, and procedures in alignment with company’s directives.
· Develop a trusting relationship with work group. Coach individuals and teams to meet targets.
· Ensure that routine maintenance plans and services requirements are in place.
· Elaborate and conduct an agenda of technical and instruction meetings.
· Collect and analyze data to improve places of waste or overtime.
· Systematically run PDCA or RCA methods.
· Optimize systems and processes to improve productivity, metrics, and performance targets.
· Address employees’ issues or grievances.Ensure an effective interface between departments and with client.
· Adequate knowledge of management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources)
· Familiarity with materials handling standard equipment and technical expertise
· Be knowledgeable of financial s, costing, safety, quality, productivity, and inventory analysis
· Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
· Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
· Proven experience as a Plant ManagerMinimum 10 years of experience, desirably in mining or smelting industries.
Skills and Attributes:
· Strategic Vision and Critical Thinking
· Process Improvement Knowledge
· People Management and Leadership skills
· Problem Solving and Decision-Making Abilities
· Organization and Planning Abilities
· Strong communication skills
· South African Citizen
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Valid Driver’s LicenseDesirable mechanical or metallurgical background
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.