Main job function
The Packaging and Printing Engineer will be based at the global manufacturing site in Boksburg and will report to the Head of Engineering. They will be responsible to provide expert engineering support and project management to the manufacturing operations, with specific focus on product packaging and printing including investigation, analysis, and resolution of technical issues associated with the plant. They will be the Engineering liason with packaging suppliers in support of any trials, designs, specifications and tooling.
Specifically, the Packaging and Printing Engineer will be required to:
• Develop expert knowledge and competence in the product printing and product packaging fields.
• Liaise with packaging suppliers regarding technical packaging matters.
• Maintain accurate records, drawings and technical files for packaging moulds & components.
• Scrutinize and contribute to the design of packaging components and specifications.
• Develop trial programs and protocols for execution in collaboration with packaging & machinery suppliers.
• Support the sharing- and upliftment of technical expertise in the relevant departments through training, coaching and development initiatives where applicable.
• Manage new expansion projects from inception to final commissioning and sign off.
• Develop suitable Gantt charts to ensure projects are effectively managed and communicated.
• Track and manage project contracts, costs, payments and invoicing.
• Completion and review of any change notes, procedures, technical files, drawings, etc.
• Develop, plan and execute suitable FET and SAT protocols.
• Develop a snag program to ensure that all snags are suitably closed off.
• Selection and management of contractors
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical/ Industrial/ Chemical)
At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the manufacturing, cosmetic, pharmaceutical or personal care industries.
Extensive technical understanding of printing processes and packaging components is required.
Good customer/supplier relations and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.