MAIN JOB FUNCTION
Responsible for all Oracle ERP EBS HRMS functional support, functional administration and functional development, with regard to all implemented Oracle ERP EBS HRMS modules / applications / functions in the Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Division.
1. Research and Innovation.
· Function as the Support Teams expert for the specific allocated business areas and specific areas of expertise.
· Performs General, ICT and ERP research and gathers information on Oracle products, - solutions and - functionalities from all sources (Including: Oracle Forums, - Webinars, - User Groups, - SIG’s, - Blogs, - RSS Feeds and My Oracle Support (Old Metalink) Knowledge base, Oracle University courses, etc.), in order to stay in touch with latest information and skills and enhance and expand own Professional and Personal Skills Development, thereby broadening own Functional, Sys Admin and Technical industry skill base knowledge.
· Research Oracle new Developments, Roadmaps, Best business practices, - technologies and - application functionalities.
· Investigates ERP solutions for Business Owners change requests and present functional and technical options [Solutions could include modifications to the set and configuration of existing modules, enhancements to modules, and / or implementation of new Oracle modules].
· Present research, developments, enhancements, suggestions and solutions based on research obtained
2. Functional Administration
and Functional Development
· Work closely with ICT Business Process Analysts.
· Analysis, design and develops enterprise-wide application functional solutions to meet the Company’s unique requirements and processes.
· Confers with users and management to establish requirements for updates or modifications.
· Interprets users’ design requirements into functional and technical specifications.
· Evaluates business owners’ requests, gather business requirements and prepare and maintain change request documents.
· Performs impact analyses on proposed functional and technical and Oracle customisation developer’s changes and segregation of duties impact.
· Facilitates business process workshops.
· Provides input and assist on change management related matters.
· Comply with ITIL Procedures.
· Comply with the POPI Act requirements.
· Comply with ICT Change Control and logging and maintain of ERP Change Requests.
· Maintain Change Control Documentations.
· Attend the ICT Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings.
· Performs functionalities administration, - configurations and - implementation, monitor, maintenance, enhancement and upgrades to support new and existing functionalities.
· Configures the system to meet the desired business process requirements based on knowledge of the Oracle applications functionality, tools, templates and Oracle Application Implementation methodologies (AIM).
· Builds and implement functional system change requests where and when required by the business.
· System sets-up, configure, scheduling and maintains system responsibilities, - menu’s, - functions, reporting hierarchies, notifications, Alerts, List of Values (LOV), Key Flex Fields, DFF’s, Fast Formulas, Security roles and - configurations, Roles, Grants, Permissions, Lookups, Messages, Profiles, Personalisation’s, SIT’s, Elements, Extensions, HR Org Hierarchies, etc. (i.e. All Functional Administration and - Developments).
· Reviews and recommend set-up changes in line with business processes.
· Identifies ERP problems and bring them to the attention of the team, with team group discussions on issues and perform correcting work on ERP system related issues.
· Schedules, maintenance and resolves errors and problems of all interfaces and all auto-postings for all modules.
· Load, maintain and manage Oracle Service Requests with My Oracle Support (Old Oracle Metalink) and Co-ordinates Oracle Web Conferencing with Oracle Support.
· Escalate major software problems and SR1’s, etc. to Oracle Support Managers.
· Assists with Data-loads of Operational Mass Data (more than 100 records).
· Assisting Business Owners with data clean-up.
· Reviews automated application health checks and diagnostics and implement solutions.
· Maintains system integrity.
· Maintain system security.
· Maintain system availability.
· Maintain all administration documents for research and development, business process design, system configuration, testing, change control, user access forms, training and end-user support.
· Skills sets update on new implementations.
· Periodic regular diagnostic testing on all modules and specific transactions where problems occur.
· Tests, debug and investigate system enhancements / application functionalities / integration / interfaces / change requests / patches and upgrades before implementation in Production environment.
· Tests and demo of other Oracle modules and functionalities, for future implementation
· Performs functional testing of version upgrades.
· Performs quality assurance (QA) checks.
· Perform regular Disaster Recovery (DR) testing.
· Assist all required operational and other users in defining and test all new implementations, DR testing’, security testing, etc.
· Own Continuous and Self-Study training and Oracle training, courses, Oracle User Guides and Oracle Library and materials.
· Own Personal and Professional Skills Development.
· Own ERP Cross training (maintain institutional knowledge).
· Own Ongoing ERP team knowledge transfer. (Training and mentoring).
· Trains and mentor trainee ERP functional staff.
· Continuous operational super users training, handholding and mentoring on Oracle applications. (new and current users). (Train the trainer).
· End-User training when operational super user’s trainers are not available.
· Schedules team Computer Based Training (CBT) sessions.
· Attends or supply demonstration sessions, workshops, SIG.s etc. from Oracle Partners and prospective suppliers.
· Guide/Assist Business Process Owners in Maintain their in-house end user training manuals and procedure manuals.
· Maintain and Action User Access. (User Access Request Forms, Creation/End-date of Users, User Passwords, User Access Alerts action, Segregation of User Access, User Access Conflicts resolve, etc.
· Provides line functional support to Operational Super Users.
· Provide line support to operational end-users when operational super users are not available / capable.
· Provides all related functional support and interfaces support, etc.
· Provides support to all other ERP Functional Support Staff, ERP Technical Support staff, ERP Database Administrators, System Administrator, ICT Infrastructure staff, all other ICT Staff on any cross-impact work and all other Consultants and Oracle Developers.
· Complies with client ICT Service Level Agreements (SLA‘s).
· Logs, allocates and resolve all Service Request, Incidents, etc. on ICT Helpdesk system.
· Resolves Helpdesks queries.
· Liaises and support Internal & External auditors and Auditor General regarding queries.
· Strong Background, hands-on experience and advanced functional knowledge of the Oracle ERP EBS HRMS Modules in Version 12, Oracle Administration tools and Oracle Support tools.
· Systems implementation skills: requirements / process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, change control, implementation documentations, training, change management, user support.
· Attention to detail and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to exercise discretion.
· Ability to work as part of a team,
· Organized, works under pressure and meets deadlines.
· Ability to train and transfer knowledge.
· Career diversification to the remaining supported HR business area (Payroll).
· Must be a SA Citizen
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider
your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.