National Sales Management and Leadership
Seeking successful and highly skilled career professional for the role of National Sales Manager with our top manufacturing company client based in Johannesburg. The ideal person for this role will be ambitious and confident with strong technical knowledge and skills.
Please email application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
Main Job Function
• Day-to-day calling on customers and management of identified national key accounts.
• Sourcing of new business.
• Managing sales effectively, ensuring that sales budgets are beaten.
• Keeping a database of all communications across divisions for the relevant National Key Account.
• Interfacing with Production and Planning and Design departments for benefit of Key Accounts.
• Setting and establishing strategic direction of the Sales team.
• Establishing the sales budgets in conjunction with the Divisional Executive.
• Managing the sales team effectively, ensuring that sales budgets are beaten.
• Setting individual sales targets for all sales team members and agree calling programs and customer care processes.
• Identifying and exploiting new market opportunities and products.
• Motivating resource allocations for any new opportunities.
• Developing effective relationships with new and current Key Account Customers.
• Monitoring competitor activity proactively.
• Developing and implementing effective strategies for countering competitor activity.
• Negotiating prices and proposals to key customers.
• Presenting professional price proposals in writing to all customers.
• Ensuring that key accounts customers events are decided on and implemented.
• Ensuring all customer requirements and complaints are communicated appropriately and dealt with timeously.
• Motivating the team to exceed expectations.
• Communicating regularly with Divisional Head regarding status of sales, etc.
• Ensuring that absolute stock is managed effectively and that obsolescence costs are minimized.
• Implementing and maintaining effective FSSC operating procedures and work instructions.
• Technical Tertiary QualificationMarketing Sales Qualification
• At least 8 – 10 years’ sales experience
• A proven track record in sales
• Ability to motivate and manage a team of sales consultants
• Ability to see opportunities and grasp them
• Ability to prepare and manage budgets and targets
• Analytical ability
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• A high need for achievement
• Self-disciplined and driven to succeed
• Ability to lead a team and set direction
• Ability to build relationships quickly and effectively
• Ability to close deals efficiently and effectively.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.