Main job function
A consulting engineering firm is looking for Mechanical Engineer proficient in one or more of the following building services, HVAC and Energy Analysis, Wet Services (Plumbing and Drainage), Fire services, Smoke Ventilation, Vertical Transport.
The engineer must have a knowledge of local SANS and international BS, NFPA, IBC, IPC, French or other regulations.
Engineer will be required to:
- Review new architectural and as-built hard copy drawings.
- Inspect buildings and compile due diligence and dilapidation reports.
- Design new systems for compliance with local and international building regulations.
- Attend internal design and concept meetings.
- Attend project meetings with engineers and clients.
- Understand project programs, building construction phases and completion milestones.
- Co-ordinate services with architects, engineers, and interior designers.
- Occasionally visit site to mark-up as-built / existing services.
- Assess claims and issue cost estimates, cost reports, and payment certificates.
- Be familiar with building and construction terminology e.g. IL, CL, FFL, NGL, offset, soffit.
- Travel to other countries within Africa or wherever the project is located.
- Work efficiently, manage their time and resources to meet project deadlines.
Skills Required - must be able to:
- Communicate clearly.
- Work in a team under stressful conditions.
- Think on their feet / outside the box to provide solutions to complex problems.
- Use project specific document management software drop box/BIM360/We transfer
- Think in 3 dimensions for understanding of plans, elevations, sections etc.
Software Experience Required:
- Microsoft office suite (mandatory)
- AutoCAD (mandatory)
- Revit (beneficial)
- Carrier HAP / Load Estimator (beneficial)
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.