Main Objective Of The Position
Oversee the daily operations of the store ensuring smooth running of all operations, maximizing sales, and minimizing cost. Allocate and delegate responsibilities to team. Motivation of staff members to perform to maximum capacity. Boost revenue and develop the store.
Main Areas Of Responsibilities
STORE TARGETS AND PROFITABILITY
· Responsible to meet store targets.
· Maintain the store expenses within budget.
- Overall management of shrinkage within the store.
- Motivation of staff to buy in the success of the store.
- Oversee stock control - monitoring stock levels and purchases.
- Oversee and participate in category stock counts as required - investigate variances.
- Stock to be received and GRV ed as per procedure ensuring transfers, claims and invoices are captured correctly.
- Oversee the receiving function ensuring accurate stock in the right quantities received, returns done timeously
FRONT END FUNCTION
- Manage the Front-End Function.
- Control and check floats
- Ensuring cash up procedure is done correctly, and money dropped as per procedure.
- Oversee the staff component of the store.
- Involvement in the recruitment, training, orientation, appraisal, and supervision of the staff component.
- Do monthly scheduling of staff to optimize staff, limiting the use of outsourced staff and payment of overtime.
- Staff uniforms - ensuring staff is always dressed neatly and correctly.
- Ensure compliance with store policies, procedures, and rules.
- Guide and motivate staff towards maximum performance - planning, time management and productivity of staff.
SECURITY, HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Responsible for the safety of the store, staff, and customers.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction within the store and the implantation and adherence to the customer service programme.
HYGIENE AND HOUSE KEEPING
- Overall management, control and implementation of the store hygiene and legal requirements.
- Assisting in the promotional activities of the store, preparing and implementation of promotional material and events.
- Perform all administrative functions related to this position
- Store control of documentation - maintaining a neat and accurate document system.
- Communicate productivity, staffing or training issues, system improvement needs, and other relevant information to Senior Management in a timely, thorough, and professional way.
- Grade 12
- Related qualification will be beneficial.
- 5 - 10 years' managerial experience within retail environment.
- Honest and trustworthy
- Customer service orientated and a willingness to deal with people every day.
- Ability to create teamwork environment.
- Attention to detail throughout the store
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Take initiative
- Communication skills to train staff members and communicate problem areas
- Accurate with figures
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail - Accurate
- Commitment to delivery and quality
- Good people management skills
- Must be able delegate effectively
- Be able to operate independently and as part of a team
- Good administration skills
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.