Our client, who has a national footprint, urgently seeks self-motivated and driven individual with thorough knowledge of all labour legislation, labour consulting and dispute resolution procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited too:
· Proactively consult and advise clients within various industry sectors regarding labour compliance, labour matters and labour procedures.
· Drafting of Human Resource documents such as contracts of employment, policies, procedures, UIF documents and correspondence.
· Liaison with the Department of Labour, Bargaining Councils, Union Officials and other stakeholders.
· Represent clients during union meetings, employee meetings and labour negotiations and identify possible solutions to conflicts.
· Conduct retrenchments, grievance meetings and employee counselling sessions and advise clients on the process thereto.
· Advise and assist clients with strike management.
· Advise and conduct exemption applications.
· Assist and advise clients during internal dispute resolution and/or conflict.
· Advise on the processes and systems relating to the management and administration of disciplinary processes with a focus on the application of procedural and substantive fairness.
· Preparing for and representing clients during conciliation and arbitration proceedings at the CCMA or Bargaining Council.
· Drafting pleadings: rescission / condonation applications and heads of argument etc.
· Draft proposals and counter-proposals, assess risk levels associated with proposed changes, and negotiate successfully.
· Interpret the Basic Conditions of Employment Act, the Labour Relations Act, Sectoral Determinations and various other Collective Agreements/ Main Agreements and national acts.
· Maintaining and building strong client relationships as well as networking and providing introductions for new prospective clients.
· Must service a client base and be able to bring in new clients
Relevant Tertiary qualifications would apply
· Extensive knowledge and experience with labour legislation, collective agreements and CCMA proceedings
· At least 7 years’ experience as a Labour/IR Consultant;
· Valid driver’s licence and own reliable vehicle;
· Critical skills: Communication (written and spoken – English), planning, organising and coordinating, good timekeeping, decisive thinking abilities, ability to work under pressure and strong writing skills;
· Knowledge of computer operations and programs (Advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel).
· Ability to grow
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.