· Required to purchase and manage merchandise within the company's Trading product portfolio.
· Source existing merchandise to ensure products remain competitive and available (out of stock products- source from other suppliers if necessary)
· By fully understanding customer needs, the appointed Buyer will be required to maximize profits.
· Keeping up to date with market trends and reacting to changes in demand are key elements of the role.
· Manage plans for stock levels and react to change in demand and logistics.
· Meet with suppliers and review orders, follow up on ordered stock and deliveries
· Identify growth opportunities and risks in assortment, and develop contingency plans.
· Monitor and manage delivery schedules and communication
· Analyse consumer buying patterns and predict future trends.
· Conduct store checks to ensure ready for trade at all times
· Generate reports
· Maintain relationships and grow the business including customers (Customer Service)
· Stock takes, preparations, including maintaining of back up areas (Stock levels)
· Ad-hoc duties given by management
· Senior certificate
· Relevant Qualification
· A working knowledge of the latest Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, and Power Point & Outlook)
Retail buying experience in a Retail FMCG environment.
· Minimum of 3-5 years retail buying experience within a Retail FMCG environment
· Excellent stock and product knowledge
· Ability to work under pressure
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.