Consulting engineering company based in Cape Town is looking for a junior Mechanical (HVAC), Electrical, Wet and/or Fire services Junior Mechanical engineer
Please email application through to email@example.com
Draughtsmen will be required to:
• Trace marked-up building services drawings.
• Download files received via link or email and file these onto their server.
• Set up drawing title blocks and page layouts.
• Produce drawing registers and issue slips.
• Attend internal design and concept meetings.
• Attend project meetings with engineers and clients
• Work efficiently and meet deadlines
• Co-ordinate services with architects, engineers, and interior designers
• Occasionally visit site to mark-up as built / existing services.
• Be familiar with building and construction terminology e.g., IL, CL, FFL, NGL, offset, soffit
Skills Required - must be able to:
• Communicate clearly.
• Work in a team under stressful conditions.
• Think on their feet / outside the box to provide solutions to complex problems.
• Use project specific document management software Dropbox/BIM360/We transfer
• Think in 3 dimensions for understanding of plans, elevations, sections etc.
Software Experience Required:
• Autocad (mandatory)
• Microsoft office suite (mandatory)
• REVIT (preferable)
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.