Our client, is a global commodities warehousing and logistics business, are currently seeking to appoint a self-motivated individual to the role of Junior Legal Advisor. This role is based in Durban, South Africa
The role falls within the legal department and reports to the Legal Counsel for Africa. The legal department covers all areas of legal, risk, insurance, compliance and secretariat. The role will work closely with the Legal Counsel and coordinate the legal, risk and compliance activities of the African businesses within a pre-defined framework.
Main job function
· Implementation, monitoring and overall day-to-day management and coordination of legal, risk and compliance programme.
· Advising and assisting employees to ensure that all engagements meet compliance and due diligence requirements.
· Development, planning and delivery of training to employees.
· Planning and conducting internal legal and compliance audits.
· Working closely with the Legal Counsel to manage compliance and legal requirements and execute corporate requirements.
· Maintenance of contract, claims, risk, compliance and insurance registers and documentation.
· Ongoing review and maintenance of documentation and contract files to ensure that they are up-to-date and compliant.
· Regular, accurate and timeous reporting.
· Assist with ad hoc projects and perform other duties as required.
· South African Legal qualification
· 3 - 5 years’ experience in an in-house legal, risk or compliance role.
· Knowledge and experience in commodities markets preferred.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
· Strong computer skills and literacy; Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Ability to multi task and handle multiple and changing priorities within agreed timeframes.
· Superior organizational skills and ability to work in a fast paced and deadline driven environment and act with a sense of urgency at all times.
· Solid problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise independent critical thinking.
· Resilient and self-motivated with the ability to work independently to complete tasks.
· Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
· Limited travel within Sub-Saharan Africa will be required.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.