Main job function
We are a Systems Integration company specializing in instrumentation and automation solutions for various industries. We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Junior Instrumentation/Automation Technician to join our team. As a Junior Technician, you will play a crucial role in assisting with the installation, maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of instrumentation and automation systems at client sites. This is an entry-level position, ideal for individuals looking to gain valuable experience and grow their career in the field of instrumentation and automation.
1. On-Site Installation and Integration: Assist with the installation and integration of instrumentation and automation systems at client sites. This includes working closely with senior technicians and engineers to ensure proper system configuration and functionality.
2. Maintenance and Calibration: Perform routine maintenance tasks, such as inspections, cleaning, and calibration of instrumentation and automation equipment at client sites. Ensure adherence to maintenance schedules and regulatory requirements.
3. Troubleshooting and Repairs: Assist in diagnosing and troubleshooting issues with instrumentation and automation systems during on-site visits. Collaborate with senior technicians to identify faulty components and implement appropriate repairs or replacements.
4. System Testing and Commissioning: Support the testing and commissioning of instrumentation and automation systems at client sites. Assist in conducting system tests, verifying functionality, and addressing any issues that may arise.
5. Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate documentation of all on-site activities, including installation procedures, maintenance records, calibration reports, and troubleshooting logs. Generate clear and concise reports for internal and client review.
6. Client Communication and Support: Interact professionally with clients during on-site visits, addressing any concerns or questions they may have. Provide technical support and guidance to clients on the proper operation and maintenance of instrumentation and automation systems.
7. Collaboration with Project Team: Collaborate effectively with the project team, including engineers, senior technicians, and project managers, to ensure successful project execution. Communicate project updates, challenges, and progress regularly.
8. Training and Development: Actively seek opportunities for personal and professional development in the field of instrumentation and automation. Stay updated with industry advancements and emerging technologies. Participate in training programs and workshops as required.
· High school diploma or equivalent; additional technical certifications or vocational training in instrumentation, automation, or related fields is a plus.
· Basic understanding of electrical and electronic principles, including wiring, circuitry, and measurement techniques.
· Familiarity with instrumentation devices, such as pressure sensors, temperature probes, flow meters, and control valves.
· Knowledge of automation systems, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), and human-machine interfaces (HMIs).
· Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
· Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with a logical and analytical approach.
· Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to producing high-quality work.
· Effective communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
· Basic computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office applications.
· Willingness to travel and work on client sites as required.
· Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.