Client in the logistics industry is seeking the services of an experienced IT SOLUTIONS SPECIALIST, to join their dynamic team based in ISANDO, JHB.
Main job function
• Provide some technical leadership on integration services
• Lead efforts in the analysis, design, development and delivery of technical integration solutions
• Delivery of solution specifications that meet requirements, will be sustainable and adhere to clients standards
• Work closely with project teams on client specific initiatives that require integration solutions
• Provide some high-level support for production integration helpdesk requests
• Create and maintain solution documentation.
• Administer and maintain the system integrations functions for modify, enhance or adapt existing systems and integrate new features or improvements
• Some liaison with external or internal clients
• Analysis of clients' existing systems and business models
• Map and document interfaces between legacy and new systems
• Apply software development lifecycle methodology
• Translate client requirements into project briefs for incorporation into the overall project plan
• Identify options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
• Conduct requirements analysis and preparing specific proposals for modified or replacement systems
• Develop solutions and related products
• Produce project feasibility and costings reports
• Present proposals to clients
• Work closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
• Ensure that budgets are adhered to and deadlines are met
• Supply input to testing plans and schedules for complete systems
• Perform detailed and complex unit testing for integration components of a solution and manage the resolution of any issues found
• Oversee implementation of a new system including data migration
• Plan and work flexibly to deadlines
• Support users on change control and system updates
• Provide training and user manuals to users for new processes/systems
• Design and hands-on configuration of solutions on a BizTalk (Microsoft Azure Integration Services - future) platform
• B.Sc (Computer Science), B.Eng (Electronic/Electrical) or similar degree or NQF 7 equivalent
• 8 - 10 years’ experience in the Information Systems industry
• At least 5 years’ experience with I.S. Integration solutions
• At least 3-5 years’ exposure to the logistics industry (Clearing and forwarding, Warehousing, transport and/or supply chain management
• Direct experience with the Microsoft technology stack.
• Requirements analysis and consultation.
• Solutions design including evaluation, documentation and specification of a solution with specific focus on Integration based solutions
• Documentation of the solution requirement specification
• Exposure to, if not direct experience with, IT Infrastructure design considerations, databases, servers, firewalls, etc.
• Development of solutions using Microsoft technologies will be advantageous
• Microsoft Azure, including but not limited to Integration Services, Logic Apps, and BI covering design, specification and implementation.
• Web Services
• XML, JSON
• Electronic Data Interchange
• System security standards
• Solutions design
• Data analysis and design
• Exposure to Business Analysis will be an added advantage
Knowledge of one or more of the following:
• International Logistics (Clearing and Forwarding)
• Supply Chain
• CargoWise One (Logistics system provided by WiseTech Global) including eAdapter (edi messaging add-on to CargoWise One)
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.