Our client, which is listed on the JSE, is a supplier of quality low voltage electrical distribution, protection and control equipment.
With an exciting background of groundbreaking achievements, have prospered for more than five decades to become a leader in the design, development, and manufacture of Circuit Breakers, Residual Current Devices, Surge Protection, Wiring Accessories, and Metering Products.
Main job function
To develop new software applications and update and modify existing applications. The IoT Application Developer processes users' needs to customize the software for computer programs, designs prototype applications, implements, and tests source code and troubleshoots software applications. To be successful as an IoT Application Developer, you should have a sound knowledge of software engineering as well as excellent analytical skills
• IT Degree or diploma or related qualification.
• Knowledge of following: -
• Docker, docker compose and Kubernetes.
• IoT Security principles.
• Systems integration (API).
• Firmware development.
• Node Red and Grafana (Advantages).
• Big data analytics (Advantages).
• 4 years development experience.
• Development using Visual Studio Code or any related IDE.
• Working knowledge of Queuing Telemetry (e.g. AMQP, MQTT,etc.)
• Embedded Linux
• Understanding of SSL, PKI (Public Key Infrastructure) and other security related technologies
• Experience with IoT related platforms (e.g. Java 8+, Cassandra, MariaDB, Mongo, Postgres, Kafka, Docker, Apache, etc)
• API Gateway, AWS Services; EKS, ECS and Messaging technologies or AI related technologies.
• IoT software platforms
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.