Main job function
The Industrial Projects Lead will be based at the global manufacturing site in Boksburg and will report to the Head of Engineering.
Lead the execution of industrial projects from concept to final commissioning and sign-off.
Responsible to optimize industrial processes through work studies that measure and interpret data and run tests on systems with the aim of continually improving processes across the factory operations.
The Industrial Projects Lead will be required to:
• Analyze and report key factory measures for systemic improvement.
• Lead the development or review of any operational processes, including risk assessments and modelling where necessary.
• Develop policies, procedures and protocols for processes with relevant heads.
• Evaluate any process against relevant ISO-, or GMP standards.
• Conduct training sessions for identified staff on specific areas of expertise.
• Lead new and expansion projects from concept to final commissioning and sign off.
• Engage and communicate with project stakeholders at all levels in the business.
• Prepare detailed feasibility studies, project plans, and designs.
• Facilitate the development of project requirements specifications.
• Prepare and execute change management documentation.
• Develop Gantt charts to ensure projects are well managed.
• Meticulous handling of project-, and technical documentation.
• Selection and management of contractors.
• Financial and contractual project control.
B.Eng Engineering from a leading University
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical/ Industrial/ Chemical) and a Project Management qualification.
A minimum of 10 years’ Engineering experience within the FMCG, cosmetic, pharmaceutical or personal care industries and extensive understanding of GMP principles in these industries are required.
Good leadership, precise workmanship and the display of initiative on data driven decisions are ideal characteristics for this position.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.