Main job function
ROLE SUMMARY & JOB PURPOSE
· The Human Resources Manager provides management-level leadership and guidance to the Heads of School, , in addition to performing all of the day-to-day HR functions.
· The Human Resources Manager is responsible for partnering with the Head of School to ensure that talent acquisition, diversity initiatives, internal staffing, on-boarding, off boarding, conditions of employment, industrial relations, retention of staff, benefits, performance appraisals, and setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies and procedures and best practices are carried out with professionalism to achieve optimal functioning from the staff at the Schools.
This position will be responsible for the following:
· Consistently recruiting excellent staff. Manages and handles the hiring process, including writing job descriptions, placing advertisements, coordinating interviews and participating in the selection process.
· Champion the On boarding process by ensuring that it's high-quality and up to date and provide clarity and connection for employees so their roles serve the overall business vision.
· Ensure a smooth Off boarding process for terminated employees.
· Acts as liaison between employees and insurance provider(s) to resolve benefit related problems and ensure the effective utilization of plans and positive employee relations.
· Training, counselling, and coaching our staff.
· Resolving conflicts through positive and professional mediation.
· Maintain HR systems and processes.
· Carrying out necessary administrative duties.
· Conducting performance reviews.
· Maintains knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law and human resources.
· Ensuring policy awareness and that the staff adhere to the HR policies.
· Creating clear and concise reports.
· Handling workplace investigations, disciplinary, and termination procedures. Responds to employee relations issues such as employee complaints and harassment allegations and conducts investigations accordingly.
· Maintaining employee and workplace privacy
Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field
A minimum of 5 years relevant HR experience.
Excellent verbal and written communication.
Experience in success factors (Culture, Talent Acquisition, Workforce planning, compensation, Benefits / wellness, Training, Leadership, Employee engagement.
Interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
Strong decision making
Analytical and problem solving skills
Supervisory and leadership skills
A demonstration for passion for the profession
Excellent organizational skills, positive attitude and continuous improvement mindset.A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.