Our client, a chrome ore producer/mine based in Limpopo requires a HR Manager who has previously worked within the mining industry.
Main job function
The HR Manager will oversee all aspects of Human Resources Practices and Processes. The duties will involve managing activities such as job design / profiling, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training and development and talent management. Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture as well as managing Community Relations and dealing with Communities and Unions. The HR Manager will be responsible for the overall Social and Labour Plan (SLP) and Mining Charter Reporting.
• Proven working experience as HR Manager within the mining industry
• People oriented and results driven
• Demonstrable experience with Human Resources Standards
• Knowledge of HR systems and databases
• Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
• Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
• Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
• In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices
• Experience in SLP (Social and Labour Plans)
• Current or previous experience within the mining industry compulsory
• Excellent verbal and written communication in English with people skills
• Strong operating and trouble shooting sills regarding all underground infrastructure
• Own transport
• Analytical and detail orientated
• Excellent communication skills
• Fluent in English and Pedi (preferable)
• Ability to work on their own as well as part of a team
• Ability to work in a stressful environment and meeting tight timelines
• Strong financial acumen will be deemed advantageous
Travel And Place Of Work:
• Place of work will be at the mine in Steelpoort Valley, Limpopo. (Other mines may be added)
• Weekly travel to the company’s offices in Waterkloof Glen, Pretoria.
• Sleeping out at the various sites will be required from time to time.
• Reimbursement of travelling and accommodation costs will be as per company policy
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.