Client, a world class engineering manufacturer, is looking to employee a Heat Treatment Production Manager with experience in managing a high volume manufacturing production process.
Managing staff and processes within the heat treatment division (carburising, induction hardening, quenching and tempering) in order to achieve the required production throughput.
This includes but is not limited to:
· Overseeing all production activities i.e. employees within the division, movement of material and product derivatives, planning and execution of production throughput and direct costs in order to meet customer demand
· Maintaining process and output parameters such as product temperatures, cycle time, bath concentrations, hardness, strength, microstructure etc. so that parts are produced in accordance with the quality specifications. Managing and overseeing the team leader (s) or quality supervisor (s) will be crucial to achieve the above.
· Meeting Monthly Production KPI’s (i.e. Efficiencies, Overtime, Scrap %, Budget etc.). Optimising efficiencies in all areas of control to maximise company profits and for continual improvement. Preparation of KPI results for evaluation and presentation at Monthly Management Meetings.
· Assistance with the development of heat treatment processes for new parts.
· Training and developing of all staff under your control as per the Company Organogram.
· All maintenance requirements and fault finding for department
· Maintaining Budgetary disciplines in all areas.
· Tracking competencies of subordinates as well as providing leadership and mentorship support. Evaluating staff training requirements and further development opportunities.
· Oversee and develop Health and Safety requirements (OHS) according to company Policy and Statutory Laws.
· Establishing and maintaining (with support of QA Dept) the ISO Business Management System of the company as per certification and the ethos of the company.
· Assist and uphold together with the QA Manager the continual improvement of the Quality system and its procedures.
· Creating an environment/culture of ‘engagement’ with all staff.
· Implementation of production and process improvements.
- Identification of Constraints, Bottlenecks, Pacemaker Loops, Time-Traps etc and follow-up improvement
Mechanical or Metallurgy Engineering Degree
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Heat Treatment Management Role
Experience in managing a high-volume manufacturing production process
Knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques
Knowledge of different types of heat treatment processes and associated equipment
Basic knowledge of the metallurgical properties of steel
Knowledge of the relationship between the various process parameters, like, furnace temperature, pressure, carbon potential, gas flow for endothermic process, cycle times for heating
Knowledge of methods used to test hardness of metals
Knowledge of the latest heat treatment techniques
TO START ASAPA Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies