Main job function
Head of Wind Technology will be responsible for supervising and management of all (safety, environment, quality, electrical, mechanical, civil, community relationship, contractor coordination, others,) operation & maintenance activities; will monitor all wind projects under construction, provide feedback to E&C to improve the new facilities according O&M point of view.
Will prepare the HO process (from E&C to O&M), and structure the O&M team to start the operation process of new wind farms.
During the operation phase of the facilities, the Head of Wind Technology will close coordinate plant operation & maintenance activities with plant supervisors on site, service providers, utility and O&M group to achieve the best plant performance align with company objectives and goals.
· B. Degree in Electrical Engineering or related
· At least 8 years’ experience in wind industry or similar technical role in Operation of wind farms.
· Must have a GMR2.1
· Knowledge in the grid code of South Africa
· Experience in the operation of HV/MV equipment & systems.
· Complied with General Machinery Regulations.
· Experience with international company will be considered as preferential;
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 100% of time including temporary assignment;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Country Language;
· Knowledge of Italian language will be considered a plus.
· In depth knowledge of wind industrial, power plant engineering, wind plant operation & maintenance, and environmental and safety requirements;
· Knowledge and experience on MV/HV equipment
· Proficiency in coordinate and monitoring contractors’ performance for O&M, safety, quality, environmental conformance, and schedule;
· Knowledge of the energy market and the relationships with Eskom, and government institutions in connection with this sector.
· Managing people with care and in best professional way;
· Liaison skills with Internal & External stakeholders.
· Microsoft word processing, spread sheet, excel, projects scheduling and AutoCAD software.
· Excellent verbal, written, and analytical English skills;
· Detailed individual with organizational skills to compile and track plants documentation, events, and conduct performance analysis;
· Good personal work skills with due consideration for office protocol and expectations;
· Valid Driver’s License.
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.