Dynamic renewable energy consultancy in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Please email application through to firstname.lastname@example.org
To manage and coordinate a team of project engineers that are tasked with conducting site assessments, detailed feasibility studies and procurement processes of renewable energy projects on behalf of the company’s clients.
This role will include regular client engagements, project feasibility modelling and management of procurement processes from development of tender documentation through to project award.
This position will help drive the company forward and towards achieving its vision.
Main job functions
· Managing a team of project engineers
· Managing renewable energy project feasibility analyses across multiple sites including:
o Understanding site conditions and information gathering
o Client requirements and objectives
o Business case assessments through financial and yield modelling
o Project permitting and technical due diligence
o Reporting and client engagement
· Arranging and running project meetings with multiple project stakeholders, distributing agendas and taking meeting minutes
· Managing procurement processes:
o Development of tender documentation
o Liaising with EPCs/ IPP’s on tender requirements
o Tender adjudication and reporting
· Ad hoc technical and commercial project analyses
· Interface with company’s Construction Management and operations departments
· Developing and refining company’s Procurement department’s scope and tools
· Technical qualification (BSc Engineering)
· Minimum of 2 years of solar PV project engineering experience (preferably in the South African C&I embedded generation market)
· Minimum of 2 years Project Engineer/Manager experience
· Team management experience
· Good understanding of financial drivers and metrics of renewable energy systems
· Project finance / financial modelling experience
· Electrical qualification or wireman’s license
· Solar PV design experience
· In depth knowledge and understanding of South Africa’s renewable energy market and stakeholders
Role related Performance Indicators
· The candidate must have strong time and people management skills.
· Be a problem solver and solution finder.
· Excellent communication and organisational skills.
R 400 000 - R 600 000 CTC pa
Valid driver’s license
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.