Exciting opportunity in multi-national Engineering company.
Must be South African citizen or Permanent Resident
Main job function
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and interested in a career involving web-based GIS Systems, analytical data management, database programming, or data science.
- As part of the team, you will work with and support the GIS community across the globe on server-based GIS, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Enterprise based solutions
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Support Web GIS Initiatives, including user support with ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise and Stand-alone server roles.
- Support data management using ArcGIS Server and SQL Server
- Automation of Geoprocessing tools using Python.
- Understand of the fundamentals of Web GIS, Server, ArcGIS client interoperations
- Develop knowledge-based articles for support all Esri products
Preferred: Database, ArcGIS -Esri suite of software including ArcGIS Server, ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro, with specific experience programming those products using the Python API for ArcGIS Or ArcPy.
Please contact Ruth Underwood email@example.com
- 5-10 years of experience in information technology, and web server technology using GIS
- Experience installing and configuring Esri products, including ArcGIS Enterprise,
- ArcGIS Desktop and extensions.
- Experience managing small projects, and junior staff.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in standard office suite software applications.
- Ability to demonstrate professional demeanour in written and verbal communications with clients, regulatory officials, and fellow employees.
- Ability to write and to convey complex thoughts and ideas in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to learn through on-the-job experience.
- Technical knowledge of ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Portal
- Technical knowledge of ArcGIS Server architecture
- Technical knowledge of ArcGIS Desktop products
- Technical knowledge of geographic concepts, including coordinate systems/datums etc.
- Knowledge of spatial data management, spatial analysis, and data visualization
- Technical Knowledge of Computer Science and Programming
- Knowledge of Windows Server and Windows networking would be preferred
- Knowledge of PowerShell and widows scripting would be preferred
Please email cv to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.