A Leading NGO in the development sector primarily supports low income communities in accessing land, basic services and housing and seek a General Manager to oversee Operations and Programmes.
This is an Affirmative Action post on a 2 year renewable contract.
Main job function
· Be responsible for operational planning, delivery, planning and financial and human resource management;
· Establish and maintain clear lines of reporting and responsibility between the Board of Direcors, oustsourced finance team, funders and clients
· Manage and motivate a small complement of in-house staff and an outsourced finance team
· Project and Manage the agreed profile of the organization and build / maintain effective stakeholder relations
· Diversity and grow funding base to achieve long term sustainablity;
· A post graduate qualification in built environment discipline or equivalent experience;
· 5-7 years’ management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector;
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in budgeting, risk assessment, financial management, verbal and written communication, human resource and diversity management skills;
· Ability to manage multi – disciplinary teams;
· Clean code EB driving license and own vehicle;
A Consultant will be in touch if you are shortlisted for the position. Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not have been contacted within 2 weeks. We will keep your CV on our database and contact you should you match the criteria of any other vacancies.